Monday, May 26, 2014

Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark

Submitted by: Ms. Brezek

I happened to come across this blog this weekend:



When I was in elementary school and middle school, I loved these books! In fact, I added them to my middle school library and the kids were constantly reading them. And now, maybe they will be a movie!

This summer, you could definitely check these books out for your kids to read with a flashlight at home in the dark, maybe in the backyard! Kids love, Love, LOVE these books! and then, you'll be able to run over and see the movie for some continued summer fun!

Click on over to amazon to get some more details about this series of books by Alvin Schwartz. These books would be appropriate for upper elementary students.

On a side note, I'm still eagerly awaiting any posts from teachers, students, any families...anyone in our community! Let's get this blog rolling before we leave for summer break! Just email your post to me (mbrezek@bsd100.or) through the end of the month, and then Ms. Bless (jbless@bsd100.org) is going to be publishing in June! Check out our How to Submit page for the details on submitting a post!

Hope you had a great Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment