Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Book Review: Charlotte's Web

Submitted by: Mrs. Jantz



My all-time favorite book is Charlotte’s Web! Ever since my third grade teacher introduced it to me, I have read and recommended it many times to my students. The first time I read it, I knew how special it was. The relationship Fern, a farm girl, has with Wilber, the pig she saved from being slaughtered, is one I longed to have with a pet of my own. It wasn’t until years later, and numerous times reading it, that I realized the most special relationship wasn’t between Fern and Wilber, but between Wilber and Charlotte, the spider who shares the same barn residence.  As the book unfolds, you will no doubt grow to love these characters and the friendship they have. The loyalty and trust displayed in this book can be life lessons for us all and I guarantee you will be brought to tears!
 This book is great for all ages, but best for 2nd through 5th grade.  If you’re too young to read it on your own, have an older brother, sister, parent, or grandparent read it to you! 

1 comment:

  1. Nice Job! I have seen the movie.
    I read the book and think it was a good book too!
    The special relationship between the pig and spider is important!
    - 3SB

    ReplyDelete