Saturday, May 31, 2014

Immersed in Books!

Submitted by: Ms. Brezek

I woke up to this on my Facebook feed this morning:


My brother-in-law posted this of my 2 year-old niece and said, "She grabs 8 books from her basket and quietly piles them on the counter next to me as I'm working on my laptop. She climbs up on the stool and starts "reading" each one without asking for help. She's 2 and already read more books than me."

I love this! Access to books is so important, and these early literacy practices where kids go through the motions of collecting their books, opening them, and reading page by page...this is exactly what prepares our kiddos for a love of literacy as they enter school.

Do you have similar pictures of your children? Please send them our way with a little description of what they were doing! We'd love to showcase all the families in our community!

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment