Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Month 2 of Summer Vacation Already!

Submitted by: Ms. Brezek

Greetings Emerson families!

Hope you had a great June and are excited for what is yet to come still this summer!

Last month was pretty busy for me, traveling in Europe with my best friend and five of her high school students. It was an amazing trip! Here's one of my fave pics of our group:




When I was in London, I happened upon a bookstore and found the section of books about the city, including 1984 by George Orwell. This is a book that has been on my to read list for awhile now...so I thought it would be perfect to buy it in London as my memento (is that how you spell that?) from that city. Then I had lots of opportunities to read it as we took trains from city to city.

Here it was like 7am waiting on the Eurostar from London to Paris. Never thought I'd share a pic with no makeup, but for the love of reading, I will do anything! (Ok, maybe not anything...!)



Was a little bit more cleaned up on the trip from Venice to Rome, but hair was always in a bun because I burned up my flat iron and broke my friend's electricity converter thing with my blowdryer....all in the first day. But hair done or undone, kept at it with the book:


I haven't finished it yet but it's just crazy how the government in this book uses "big brother" to control the masses. Makes me wonder....anything similar to that now? Is all of our social media tracking us? (Sorry for the conspiracy theory - but books can get you thinking things that you hadn't before!)

Has anyone else read this book? Thoughts? (Please, no spoilers!)

Well, before I go, just wanted to let you know that I'm the point person for this blog in July. We've only had one family submit a post...so please help us out and send some stories in!

All you have to do is type up what you want to say and send a picture (or a few) via email to me (mbrezek@bsd100.org) and I will publish it to the blog for you. Easy peasy! :-)

Have a great night!
Ms. Brezek

No comments:

Post a Comment